It's no secret that if you take care of something, it will last longer. Such is the case with Prothotics custom medical orthotics. Here are some tips on how to properly care for your Prothotics foot-beds:
- Always take your orthotics out of your shoes to let them dry and air out at the end of the day.
- If your Prothotics need to be cleaned, gently scrub them with a mild soap and water solution. Then, rinse them out and place them out to air dry. This applies only to orthotics with vinyl top covers. Leather top covers can't be washed.
- Do not wear them in just any pair of shoes you own. Always use them in the footwear designated for them to be worn in. This optimizes performance and keeps them in the proper shape and form.
- Do not put your Prothotics in a dryer to dry them out.
- Do not leave them on the dash or in the trunk of your car as exposure to sun or heat can damage orthotics.
- Never use a washing machine - or dishwasher - to clean your Prothotics orthotic foot-beds.
If you have any concerns or questions please contact Prothotics/Healthwest immediately.